Monday, September 9, 2013

Why do I play with dolls?

So I watched a video just a few minutes ago about why this girl played with dolls, why she spent money on dolls, and it inspired me. ;)

I don't know, exactly, why I play with my dolls- I just do.  I love them. Their the only toys I have. If you got rid of my dolls, I would be left with a Rubiks Cube, my outdoor toys, a bunch of papers, and nerf. Yup. Thats pretty much it. And my electronics, but that doesn't count.

I spend money on them, because that is what I enjoy doing. I don't always like to spend all my money on dolls, when I could be spending it on doll stuff on Etsy... Oh, wait, thats still dolls. what I meant to say, partly, is I don't like buying straight from AG as much, I prefer Ebay/Etsy. But I still don't always want to spend on dolls, but something pulls me to do it. I want to spend on clothes for me, (though I don't need them, neither do my dolls.) But Dolls are a part of me, they are me.

I've been teased for playing with dolls, yes. But I don't care. When I was teased, I brought them out more. I flounced them in front of him. I didn't care. I was and am proud of who I am and what I do. I was called immature. I told him adults play with dolls. And, honestly? who is the immature one there! He was older then me!
But that isn't the point.

Another hard thing for me, though, is the cost of all this doll stuff. I hate spending $30 on an a mini outfit when I could buy, for $30 or less an outfit for me. Almost all my Holiday gifts are doll related, or most birthdays.

I spend most of my money on dolls.

Because that is who I am. And I am proud of it.

You can call me immature, you can call me names. It won't bother me. I'll laugh, shrug it off, and play with dolls.

I love you guys, thanks for being in the doll community. I love ya'll! <3

Silence.

P.S. I'm going to, instead of doing Historically modern Mondays, ThrowBack Thursday. :) Starting THIS THURSDAY! AH!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! :)

    Come check out my latest post!

    http://americangirl1fans.blogspot.com/2013/09/cheerleader-outfits-for-sale.html

    Thanks! :) Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am 16 and still love dolls :) I was always the main one out of my group of friends who played with dolls, though I was never teased. All of my gifts for years were doll related, too!
    Christina
    Simplydollightful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job girl!! You stood up for yourself and it payed off. You can play with dolls if you want to. I still play with barbies sometimes! :/ You should be so proud. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's something to be proud of. Yay dolls!

    Dolllover

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! I love playing with my dolls, and sometimes I can get embarrassed when a new friend comes into my room if they come to hang out (dolls EVERYWHERE... AHHH). This post has inspired me to not be ashamed or embarrassed of my dolls, even if someone calls me "too old for dolls." Thanks so much!

    Emily's owner

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my blog, from now on I'll try my best to reply to my commenters. Each and every comment, now matter how short makes my day. Before you get started commenting though, just a couple rules.

1.) Please don't swear, its not attractive.
2.) Be polite
3.) Everybody is entitled to their own opinion so...
4.) Please don't start fights!
Thanks, now have fun!
Silence. :) <3 I love ya'll!